Sunday, September 30, 2012

A little Batty!!


Well this week was definitely full of its own adventures....Some of you know I have been praying intently for a job opportunity. This week there was a job fair on base and I was able to meet with the assistant of NAF  and the assistant director for the CDC and they seemed very hopeful for me to be employed with one of them :0). Now I am just waiting on the Lord to show me what door he has planned for me.

Another exciting thing that happened was I was able to volunteer at the Fall Bazaar here on base. Vendors came from all over to bring their goodies...there was furniture from Belgium, Handicrafts from Holland (very popular), wines/cheeses, candies, dishes/pottery from Italy, etc. We had a lot of fun walking around and seeing all of the different booths.  Albert spoiled me and got me a couple of goodies.  I have always wanted a piece of Cameo jewelry and there was an Italian family business that sold them at the bazaar. Albert got me an antique looking ring :)) so sweet! We also bought a bread making bowl from the Holland vendors, a great piece for decorating.

                                                    My lovely Cameo! Sorry for the blurry pic.

We went on a date night to a place called Bobe's...It was a tex-mex/burger place.  It was ok but it is not as good as Chewy's back home.


                                                     Enjoying his Cappuccino!  

On Saturday we helped the church we are attending at the church work day. It was a lot of fun getting to know a few of the members as well as the pastor and his wife (very sweet couple).  We served in the nursery this morning.  I think Albert had more fun watching Veggie Tales than the kids :0).  For lunch we were invited to a yummy restaurant called Casa Bianca. The dessert was the best, cheesecake!


                                                      Albert working at the church.

Our final adventure of the week happened this evening.  We were standing in the kitchen and four bats flew into our bedroom window!! It was so scary!! But we closed the door and turned off the lights and three of them flew out the window.  The last one would not fly out for anything. I had to eventually swat him (I am sad that he is a little injured) and shew him out the window. Needless to say thirty minutes later we were bat free but worked up. I had no idea that bats would fly in to be near the light ?? I also have a theory that the floor cleaner we used attracted them because it smelled of citrus and that was the whole reason we had the windows open in the first place to air out the room! Either way we learned a hard lesson tonight, Italian bats WILL fly into your second story window if they are open at night. 

That's it for this week....

Love the Hatchetts.

No comments:

Post a Comment